Over the past few weeks, all of us have had to get used to a new normal as Covid-19 has impacted our everyday way of life. Our reality looks much like the picture, empty salon chairs.
As a Master Hairstylist, I was used to seeing my clients in the salon each week and intimately sharing their lives. Now I’m forced to social distance and stay home more than I ever have before. All businesses in my area were required to close for the safety of our clients.
The reality for my industry is that there’s no working from home for us. We can’t style our clients remotely. Especially for my clients who are professional women who crave a salon experience instead of having to do DIY their own hair.
So during this time of imposed isolation I’ve been thinking about how to continue serving my clients once the salon re-opens. Actually it was at the top of my thoughts before the virus hit.
Here are some things that I have planned to share with you once the salon re-opens.
- A new look and feel for the salon (furniture)
- Updated price list which will be posted in the salon
- Memberships (tailored to your specific needs)
- New appointment reservation options (every hour and half-hour)
- New and improved product line in the salon (Olaplex)
- Gift certificates in quantifies of $25, 50, and 100
- New style systems and techniques for short, medium, and long hair
- And so much more…
I’ve used this time to not just reflect on how I can serve you better, but how I could create a better experience for you during these very stressful times. I know we will emerge from this experience more appreciative of the time we get to spend together.
Until we meet again, stay safe and hopeful. This too shall pass.
Markena and the OBS Team